As far as bad days go, this was the worst, but since I’m not inviting anyone to my pity party (because really, who would come?), I’ll post something different.
When I heard people talk about their bucket list I had not clue what they were talking about. I didn’t think much of it, other than to think they were a bit touched in the head for making a list and carrying it around in a bucket.
I am not a list maker. I used to make grocery lists and promptly forget them at home. I could usually still get everything that was on my list. It helps that I pretty much buy the same things when I shop.
I have friends who make lists of their lists. Do you know what I call that?
Warped. Extremely warped. I do know that my free-spirited style scares the bejeebers out of the list makers. “How can you remember?” I really can’t. I figure if I put it on the list, and forget the list it did me no good to waste the time to write it out.
Can I get an “Amen”? (or fifty?)
If I had to come up with my own Bucket List, it would be:
- Visit Rome. I love history and I am fascinated by ancient Rome.
- Visit Paris. I’m not French, probably have not a drop of french blood in me, but Paris fascinates me.
- Follow every stage of the Tour de France in France as a dignitary. Pop me in a helicopter and let me watch the whole thing. Better also had me some binoculars.
- See a Broadway play in NYC. This has been a dream of mine since junior high.
- Go on a long cruise.
- Spend 6 months living in a foreign country. For me right now, that could very well be Chicago, IL.
- Attend a Sunday Night Football Game and be invited to chat with Al and Chris in the box.
- Attend a game in Memorial Stadium.
- Travel the United States learning about our rich history.
- Refinish my floors.
- Learn to sing.
- Learn to play an instrument. I’m thinking a kleenex and rubber band guitar.
- Experience Ireland in all seasons.
- Learn Ball Room Dancing.
- Own all the seasons of “I Love Lucy“. (I currently own season 1 &2)
What’s on your bucket list?